This condition has been for ages and lead to broken marriages, infidelity and death of either the man or woman. Infertility is basically caused by some many factors or practices that are not strange to us.
What actually is infertility?
A condition of inability to reproduce or give birth to a child, Infertility can also be defined as a condition when all that is necessary for birth, maintenance of a baby is absent in the body.
Facts about infertility
One of eight couples experiences infertility at one stage or the other according to National Survey For Family Growth 2010; it is very common.
When a woman is unable to produce the necessary things for birth of another child; it is also common in the population and can also lead to broken marriage.
Let me tell you the common causes of infertility in women these days
1. Abuse of contraceptives. Levogesterol; which is a major content of most oral contraceptives can alter your hormonal secretion on long-term use making it difficult to get pregnant; or even cause a shut in the secreting some hormones.
2. Problems in anatomical development. The hypothalamus is the site of the brain responsible for maintenance and development of puberty and development of sexual characteristics. An initial problem in development; of this part of the brain or a problem with the functioning of the pituary gland (the gland responds for secretion of hormones from the hypothalamus in the brain). Conversely a reduction in vital hormones like estrogen, prolactin, and follicle stimulating hormones in the body can hinder you from getting pregnant.
3. Use of antipsychotic and anticonvulsants.The use of drugs like Chlorpromazine, Risperidone, Trifluoperazine, Haloperidol can cause a condition called Hyperprolactinaemia (abnormal increase in prolactin produced in the body). This condition can cause a decrease in estrogen and other hormones responsible for pregnancy. Sodium valproate an anticonvulsant can also have a negative impact on puberty in women.
4. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). There has been an increase in the number of women with PID in recent times. Untreated PID and other STDs can hinder you from getting pregnant.
5. Abortion. Aborting a pregnancy definitely cause hormonal imbalance making it difficult to get pregnant. After abortion, menstruation becomes irregular as a result of in adequate production of estrogen, follicle stimulating hormone, leutenizing hormone and prolactin in the body.
6. Not eating the right foods when you get married. Some foods basically increase fertility naturally in women. These foods are in some of our previous articles.
7. Anxiety. The brain is the center of every physiological and biological activity that happens in the body. Anxiety could also shut down some working function in the body leading to malfunction of the hypothalamus.
8. Not having enough sex. In a case when there is washing off of sperm from the vagina during or after sex. Not having enough sex could limit your chances of getting pregnant.
Ensure you relate with your doctor, pharmacist or any other qualified health professional on how to find the cause of infertility and help with the correction.
We love you and want you be happy, you will get pregnant and deliver safely.