Welcome to the concluding part of this series. I hope you enjoyed it so far. In the last two series, we considered differences between acne and pimples some treatments of Acne and Pimples. In this series, we will continue with some other treatments of Acne including throwing light on some false believes about Acne.
Bananas are full of all sorts of goodness even the part we don’t eat. Their peels contain something called Lutein, an extremely powerful antioxidant that reduces swelling and inflammation, and encourages healthy cell growth. So rubbing a banana peel on your face can reduce the redness, obviousness, and discomfort of acne.
1 Banana peel
- Peel your banana and eat it, take the peel and rub in a circular motion all over your face.
- Let it sit for at least 30minutes before rinsing it off.
Sugar, white or brown helps get rid of the excess skin cells clogging up your pores by acting as gentle exfoliator. Mix it up with honey, olive oil, or plain water and you have a sweet scrub to help rid you of your acne woes. There are plenty of different recipes out there, but we found this one to be particularly delightful.
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, light or dark
- 2-3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- Roughly ½ cup of extra virgin oil
- 10 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole vanilla bean (optional)
- Mix 1 ½ cups of white sugar and 1 ½ cups of brown sugar, adding in a few tablespoons of coarse sea salt for extra exfoliation and mix
- If you are using vanilla bean, scrap out the caviar (the inside stuff) and mix it in at this point as well.
- Put about 2cups of this sugar/salt/vanilla mixture into a liquid measuring cup and pack it down nice and snug.
- Pour the extra virgin oil over the top and let it soak through half the mixture, leaving a little layer on top.
- Mix this up in the measuring cup, and then add it to the rest of the sugar/salt/vanilla mix
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract and mix it in
- Now you can spoon your scrub into whatever containers you wish to store it making sure to pack it down.
- If you like, drizzle one on top to ensure that you will get the delicious scent when you open it up.
- This will fill 4 half pint jars which can be used anytime you wish.
Acne is shrouded in misconception and covered up with conflicting information. Knowing what’s true can help you figure out how best to treat your skin.
ACNE CAUSED BY DIRTY SKIN OR DIRT
Acne is not caused by dirt, poor hygiene, not washing your face and so on. Too much scrubbing or cleaning with harsh soaps or chemicals can actually irritate your skin and make the acne worse. If you over clean you can end up drying out your skin which will then try and compensate by making that much more oil. Simple cleansing of the skin to get rid of excess oil and dead skin is all that is needed.
STRESS CAUSES ACNE
Stress can affect hormones and therefore promotes acne. It is hard to quantify this though and when you think about the stress most of us deal with in day to day to life, there wouldn’t be an acne free face in sight. An effective acne treatment regime will override a bit of everyday stress anytime.
HAVING ACNE MEANS YOU CANNOT USE A MOISTURIZER
Look for a good noncomedogenic (meaning less likely to clog pores) moisturizer to use. After treating it, be it with banana peels or over the counter creams, a moisturizer can help balance out your skin, ensuring that it doesn’t create excess oil to compensate for all that you dried up.
We await your responses……follow us on social media angles. Thank you.