The Best Remedies For Hair That Everyone Falls In Love With
DR. RAPIL DAU
Who would not want healthy hair that everyone envies, who would not want hair that is long, strong and healthy, who would not want hair that is truly one’s crowning glory! While some people are naturally blessed with a great head of healthy hair, there are those who have to try every trick in the book to get hair that are wonderful from within. However, not all tricks will work and there are several people who will tell you that they ended up damaging their hair more than doing it any good. Damage is all the more possible, if you are using chemicals or heat related methods to make your hair look smooth.
Fortunately, there are several natural methods that allow you to get the healthy hair of your dreams, without having to subject them to any harsh ingredients:
Natural oils – If you want your hair to look and feel healthy, you need to make sure that they are nourished from within. Nourishment can come from multiple sources and natural oils are a great option. Whether you choose coconut oil or olive oil, almond oil or castor oil, you can be sure that it will provide natural hydration to your hair. With oils such as coconut and olive, all you need to do is warm it up a little and massage your scalp and hair with it. You can wash it off after a few hours or even leave it in overnight. If you are using any essential oils such as tea tree or even if you are using vitamin E oil, you need to remember to combine it with a base oil such as coconut or olive. Another great way to incorporate oil into your hair care routine is to do the hot towel treatment – massage the oil into your hair and then wrap it using a towel that was soaked in hot water. Make sure to squeeze out all the water before wrapping your hair in it.
Eggs– Eggs offer the best form of protein that your hair can get, because hair is made of protein. While you can include eggs in your diet, applying it directly to your hair will have better results. There are several ways by which you can use eggs on your hair and a hair mask is perhaps the best way. Depending on the length of your hair, beat one to two eggs and apply the same on wet hair. After about 30 minutes, you can wash the egg off with warm water and a good shampoo. This procedure can be done twice a week. You could also create a massage potion using one egg yolk, one spoonful of your regular hair oil and a little bit of water. Massage this mixture into your hair, concentrating on the scalp and wash off after 30 minutes. Eggs work really well with yoghurt too – beat an egg till it reaches a completely pale yellow shade and add two spoons of yoghurt and mix till the yoghurt has completely blended in. Apply this mix to the length of your hair, including the roots and wash off after half an hour.
Henna leaves– Henna leaves have been used to decorate hands for years, but it has also been used a natural conditioner and colouring agent for healthy hair for the same amount of time. Henna nourishes the hair from within, offering it a natural softness and making it less prone to breakage. The best option is to get fresh henna leaves, because they are more potent as compared to the powder version. Grind a handful of fresh leaves with a little water, till you get a fine paste. Let this paste sit for about two hours before you use it. Apply the paste to the length of your hair and cover your hair with a shower cap. After about 3 to 4 hours, you can wash the paste off and apply only a little shampoo. If you are using powder, you need to make the preparations the previous night – make a paste with the henna powder and water or you can even use green tea. Keep the paste overnight and in the morning add one raw egg and one large spoon of lemon juice. Once applied to the hair, you need to wait for it to dry completely, before washing off with your regular shampoo.
Aloevera –When you are looking at the best home remedies for long, strong & healthy hair, how can you forget the magical Aloevera, which has emerged as the one stop solution for almost all problems. Even if you are looking to improve your hair condition and texture, aloe can work wonders. If you can get your hands on fresh aloe juice, just gulp down a tablespoon each day and nourish your body from within, including your hair. Extract the gel from a large aloe leaf and massage it into your scalp.Wash it off with warm water after 30-45 minutes and repeat the procedure twice a week to start seeing your hair looking great. Alternately, you could combine the same aloe gel with equal amounts of coconut milk and use this for the massage.
- While these are the most popular methods, there are also several other ways by which you can have strong and healthy hair:
- Create a paste using amla powder and water or lime juice and massage into your scalp and hair, leaving it for 20-25 minutes, before washing it off.
- You can make your own version of a potent hair oil by boiling coconut oil and amla powder together. For best results, leave this oil in your hair overnight and wash it off next morning.
- Fenugreek seeds are a great way to control diabetes, but they can also work magic for your hair. Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind the seeds to a fine paste, which you need to apply to the length of your hair. Wash off the paste after about half and hour with lukewarm water. You can also use the water used to soak the seeds as a last rinse.
- Even though squeezing out coconut milk might seem like quite a task, the way it can nourish your hair, it will all be worthwhile. Simply massage fresh coconut milk into your scalp and hair and wash off after a while.
- Hibiscus has been used for hair care since centuries and it still works a charm – create a paste with the flowers and leaves using some coconut oil and apply the same on your hair. Wash off with your regular shampoo after 15-25 minutes.
- Did you know that the juice of a bottle gourd could also make your hair healthy? Peel and juice one medium-sized bottle gourd and apply the juice all over your hair and roots. Wash off with cold water after half an hour.
Dr Rapil Dau is a healthy hair restoration expert; he has written and researched a lot in healthy hair beauty.