Your health with Fast
The need to keep fit after fast is very paramount; looking at the spiritual and physical essence of staying away from food for hours or days, you can’t skip fast before of food except in exceptional cases. It remains a spiritual obligation to some group of people every year; because it enables you spend hours or days for special worship and consecration to the creator.
Fasting is also a practice to save your health in a case like weight loss or in diagnostic procedure and surgeries.
What happens during fast?
Stored glucose is utilized. The body naturally store glucose from the ones digested from food. When you eat, especially Carbohydrates, the sugar is converted to glucose which works in the body giving you energy to walk, read, write, work, play, and walk coupled with other activities; while some part of the digested glucose is kept as reserve. In other words whenever you fast the stored glucose is utilized for all the activities mentioned above.
Reduction in fat digestion. Fasting helps to also reconvert excess fat to produce glucose and thereby reducing fat deposit in the body. It is of great benefits to lose weight especially for the obsessed. Fasting is a good method to cut weight.
Dehydration. During fast, most practice doesn’t include water intake, you are at a risk of dehydration especially when there is heat exhaustion. It could be fatal if proper care is not taken.
Lack of sleep. Fasting could naturally reduce sleep because of a system change in dieting and less production of some neurotransmitters in the body.
Heart burn. It’s experienced in so many people who fast or have a history of gastro esophageal reflux.
Headaches. This is also experienced when there is less glucose in the body and not replenished simultaneously.
Weight-loss: reduction in food intake especially people respond well to adequate nutrient intake into the body.
Regaining your strength after fast: What to do?
- Take enough water after food. This helps to increase fluidity and make enzymes more active; Circulation improves at this time and makes digestion adequate at any time you eat during the day.
- Live more on carbohydrates and vegetables immediately after the fasting period.
- Energy drinks can be taken after your exercise or taken once daily after work for two weeks.
- Never eat late at night after the fasting period.
- Sleep on time and keep your phone far or switched off.
- Vitamin supplements are excellent recovery agents this time, explore them.
- Take a cup of Moringa tea with milk regularly.
- Increase fruits intake too
- Visit the hospital or Pharmacy to check your body weight, blood pressure and blood sugar.
Your health is preserved after fast.