Happy New Month Friends………….We will be considering Skin Care Treatment like we treated last week. Honey and milk can be applied regularly on the face to keep complexion looking young, radiant and smooth. You can also use honey as a wash, toner or mask and can be mixed with other ingredients depending on your needs such as apple, papaya, yogurt, lemon etc. I will be sharing a home-made skin treatment that leaves your skin fresh, clean and moisture.
DIY HONEY LEMON FACE MASK
This is a natural, home-made face mask that soothes, smoothens, heals and even out skin tone. This face mask can be made with contents that are likely in our kitchen.
This is an amazing treatment for the skin. This face mask is great for all skin types including sensitive skin.
It brightens and exfoliates. It’s great for acne prone skin, age and sun spots or uneven skin tone. It is also a natural source of Vitamin C and rich in alpha hydroxyl acids. It clears off black heads, acne, and discoloration. It also helps remove dead skin cells.
Lemon juice is a popular treatment for acne, blemishes and oily skin. You can mix fresh lemon juice with water to create a toner that will tighten large pores and reduce the amount of sebum produced by the face.
Lemon works as an antibacterial and antioxidant meaning it protects the skin from free radical damage, repairs cells and speeds up new skin generation. In short, lemon works wonders resulting in beautiful glowing skin.
BENEFITS OF HONEY LEMON MASK
- It clears acne
- It’s a gentle cleansing agent
- It dries out Pimples
- It minimizes pore size
- It smoothens skin
- It reduces redness and instantly soothes irritation
- It makes skin glow
- It relieves dryness and even flaking
- It is humectants so it hydrates skin
- It brightens skin
- It even s out skin tone due to sun damage or blemishes and helps scarring.
NUTRIENTS FOUND IN LEMON AND THE INTERACTION WITH SKIN
|Vitamin C||Boosts collagen production. Promotes skin elasticity.|
|Citric Acid||Treats acne and pimples .Shrinks and tightens pores. Brightens dull skin .Helps reduce the visibility of dark spot, acne, blemishes, freckles. Lightens skin tone|
|Potassium||Hydrates and moisturizes .Soothes and heals dry skin|
|Lutein||Fight against free radicals which cause premature aging. Increases the level of superficial lipids in skin. Strengthens skin’s natural antioxidant system. Improves skin hydration and photo protection|
INGREDIENTS FOR HONEY LEMON FACE MASK
- ½ Lemon
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- Mixing bowl
- Here’s how to make DIY Honey Lemon Face Mask :
- Squeeze half a lemon into a bowl
- Add 2 table spoon of Honey
- Mix it with a spoon until it’s a liquid constituent
- Apply all over a clean face avoiding the eye area
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with warm water
- Then cold water and pat your face with towel to dry
- You can do this every morning or every night until you achieve your desired result.
- Let us know if you have tried it and how it works.