The health sector is a large compartment in the world economy today as well as in different countries. It is graded as an indispensable sector that more investment is needed to be done at infrastructural and human capacity. Today, We are going to be looking at some health careers to consider if you are looking to pursue a career in the health sector.
There are several essential specializations for complete treatment of disease and medical conditions.
A simple illustration is that every part of the body must have a well trained professional to manage them as well the process for diagnosis and management of any problem with this parts of the body.
- Medical Psychologist – A medical psychologist is an expert who has the ability of diagnosing, treating disease exhibiting psychological and physiological symptoms. They are trained to know several parameters for well-being. As a professional you can be involved in Psychotherapy, Behavioural treatment, Pain control; as pain is one the most medical condition in the world especially in old people according to community pharmaceutical researches. They work as researcher in research institutes, hospitals, health facilities, specialist centers and consultancy services.
- Physiotherapist– Physiotherapists are dedicated to working with people to identity and maximize ability to move any part of the body. They help in the management and rehabilitation treatment for conditions like Arthritis, Asthma, Back pain, Cancer, Cardiovascular conditions, cerebral palsy, chronic pain, concussions, and dementia.
- Medical laboratory Scientist (MLS) – It is called the hidden profession that saves lives. They are involved in the diagnosis of several disease conditions. Medicine has grown to the level that diagnosis will be incomplete without a laboratory test procedures. They are indispensable in the management of sensitive medical conditions.
- Biochemists – Biochemist are now the most sort after as they are not many all over the world, maybe because they are dedicated, respected for intellectual and inquisitive ability, spend most times in the laboratory for life to be better for everyone. They are highly paid for their contribution to the international community. They are involved in the study of chemical processes and transformation in human and other living organisms. Some biochemists also study the DNAs, protein, and cell parts.
- Microbiologists – From the professional name tag, they spend time to study living organisms (microbes) that are invisible to the naked eye such as bacteria and fungi. They are highly appreciated in Food industries; they help to prevent contamination to ensure that all foods and drinks produced to the public are 100% pure. Other places of work are hospitals, research and environmental institutes.
- Dentist – They are respected professional which you have no choice but to listen to them especially when you have a problem with an essential part of the body, called the teeth. Without the teeth, feeding becomes a problem. They a specialized to diagnose and manage any problem with the tooth.
- Physiologists – Physiologists study and help to coordinate how the body functions and all that are necessary for the body to process any activity. They also ensure by means of study and intervention to ensure all the parts of the body function well to maximum effectiveness.
- Nursing – These professionals are vital, indispensable and widely accepted in the health profession. Even sometimes in the absence of other professionals, they step in to do what could be done to save a life at that particular moment. To be a nurse, you must have a heart of sympathy, dedication, and desire to save lives just as others health professionals too.
They focus on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain or recover optimal health and quality of life.
- Nutritionist – This profession was described as top of the less stressful job which also makes money in the United States. They are experts on food and nutrition. They help patients to choose the right things to eat, help them to plan menus and advise them on the health effects certain foods. They might also speak to groups such as schools or businesses bout good nutrition and preventing health problems through proper feeding. They are well paid to work in research institutes, medical centers and international organization.
- Doctors – Are physicians who work in the hospitals, clinics, medical centers or private centers to treat people for illness and injuries. They also prescribes medications, order diagnostic tests, diagnose ailments and record patient information.
- Pharmacist – They are member of the healthcare team directly involved with the patient care. They undergo university education to understand the biochemical mechanisms and actions of the drug, drug use, therapeutic roles, side effects, potential drug interactions and monitoring parameters.
- Wikipedia search on professionals.