‘Citrus tangerina’; the small but mighty fruit.
The lovely edible fruit called tangerine is of the kingdom ‘Plantae’; order ‘Sapindals’; family ‘Rutacea’; genus ‘Citrus’ with botanical name Citrus tangerina. A smaller and less rounded fruit than the common orange has the following nutritional and beneficial contents which are thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, zinc, alpha and beta carotene, xanthin, lutein, lycopene and choline embedded within it. Little wonder why big things are contained in small packages. Well, you would attest to this fact as you read on and get the full information on summarized benefits of the tangerine fruits.
Why should you take Tangerine?
1) Because of its vitamin C and E contents, which are strong antioxidants the tangerine is good for the skin. There are recipes of ‘tangerine facial mask’ and applying this mask regularly will remove harmful bacteria and excess oil making your skin fresh without blemish, reduced wrinkles and soft.
2) Tangerines are good for the eyes and can delay or even prevent loss of vision. Ever taken your time to check ingredients of your ‘eye supplements’; well lutein and xanthin are usually major contents and are chemicals present herein your Citrus tangerine.
3) According to a study amongst a group of men in the Tuft’s university it was found that men who consumed more vitamin C and potassium which are both present in tangerines had increased bone density and fractures lessened.
4) Do you know that the vitamin b12 in tangerines help promote hair growth, reduces hair loss and slows than the graying process. It does this by helping to balance the scalp balance while conditioning and moisturizing the scalp.
5) Researchers at University of Western Ontario, found out that a secret ingredient called nobiletin helps protect against type two diabetes and thus prevents the buildup of fat.
6) In a Nurses’ health study of more than 69thousand individuals, it was found that women who ate higher quantities of citrus fruits like tangerines had a 19% decrease in chance of stroke related blood clot.
7) Due to the hunger-silencing fiber like pectin and hemicellulose plus the vitamins in tangerine; there is an inhibition in the production of cortisol (stress hormone that influences the body to store fat) thus helping with weight loss efforts.
8) Do you need a blood purifier, tangerines are depurative (blood purifying agent).Tangerine oils help purge the body of excess uric acid, extra salts, pollutants and water through the excretory system.
“Big things are contained in small packages”. My final word on this topic to you all on this issue is ensure you choose glossy deep skins, firm to slightly soft and heavy for their size tangerines with pebbly skins.
On this note, I would say to you that ensure you have a fruitful week and stay healthy.
- Sean (Nov,2016)
The Tangerine Is A Delicious Little Fruit That Has Come A Long Way
2. Christie Griffin
20 Ways Tangerines Make You Look And Feel Younger
3. Compounds Found In Tangerines May Help Protect Against Type 2 Diabetes
4. 13 Amazing Benefits Of Tangerine Fruit For Skin and Hairs Health