A Clean water
Clean water remains the only indispensible entity on earth and in man’s survival for existence. It can do so many things than any other entity and we get our drinkable water either from the tap or the commercial water.
Water can be internally or externally used at any given point in time, but we shall focus on the internal implications and avoid problems that could be generated.
We must applaud the government in each country because they are initially saddled with the responsibility of providing portable water for the citizens but inability to optimally meet this demand force individual to take their life into their hands by sinking bore holes in various houses.
Government and Water provision
Portable clean water provided by government is initially treated and supplied to various house channels for domestic use at any point in time. Some modalities and system process have been kept in place from source of generation to the quality control at any point in time.
Why tap water is not safe to drink?
Method of treatment doesn’t guarantee acceptable level of purities that will give a clean water
The methods and equipment employed to treat water have a lot of challenges which can affect the purity of the delivered water. Though the water laboratory personnel do their best but the equipment used at every stage of water treatment could develop one or two obscure and unseen faults which will impact the portable water making it unfit for drinking. Knowing fully well that unfit water can cause kidney stones, typhoid fever and other medical conditions.
The method employed for treatment in some countries are obsolete and therefore still affect the purity level of this portable water sent to consumers.
Sachet and Bottled water
The truth is that not all sold portable water under go quality control before been dispatched to the market. Some factories have been visited and discovered to only package tap water into the sachet or bottle and supplied to the market at every point in time. That’s why people still fall down with typhoid fever and other water born disease in this time of increasing population.
How to keep your supplied water safe to drink
- Boil your water regularly. Boiling at higher temperatures helps to kill microorganisms that might be present in your water at any point in time because they can’t withstand heat and high temperatures.
- Use purification tablets or droplets. These can be purchased at any of the variety stores. They contain iodine which protects your water from bacteria and are most effective when the water to be purified is kept at 21 degree Celsius or higher. They guarantee the destruction of bacteria.
Note: Pregnant women, women over 50 years or people taking Lithium must consult their doctor or pharmacist before using iodine tablets or drops.
- Maintain your delivery channels. Ensure regular checks on your taps and pipes by preventing rusting, germs (like algae) developing on them and other particular deposits that can easily impact your water at the point of delivery.
- Use a distiller. Distillers are also sold in variety stores, though quite expensive but investing in it is worthwhile. Distillers work by heating up your water until it boils and turn to steam. The boiling action kills the bacteria and other pathogens and as the steam rises it leaves behind waste materials, minerals, heavy metals and other heavier compounds. Distillation is a sure way to produce clean water
- Buy a water dispenser. They help to heat and cool your water before drinking and these in turn also purifies your water.
- Subject your sachet or bottled water to further purification. This can include heating, filtering or distilling as will keep you and your family healthy..
- Purify water; Wikihow, www.wikihow.com
- 7 ways to purify water; Dr.David Williams, General Health file,Clearing the confusion about ,methods and products;Distillation.