Cat fish and its health benefits
Animals have long time been the second source of foods for healthy nutrition; and also a source of medication to cure and prevent certain disease conditions. It is very important that aquatics be part of our meals; but in this piece I’m going to show you that despite scientists claims, that catfish contain some unhealthy fat, it is still important to take them once in a while.
Is a commercial mammal consumed all over the world; popular in South America, Asia and Africa. They are present in freshwater bodies and they dwell below water because of their diminutive gas bladder and the heavy bong head. The good thing about this mammal is that it could be easily reared in the house; fresh foods are the best to nourish our body and prevent sicknesses; Every house should be able to produce fresh catfish from the Sac fry (baby catfish) to the matured catfish.
The Catfish is made up of proteins, ash, fats and water. These constituents are so essential to the body of both children and adult. In some parts of Nigeria, catfish is only consumed in parties, hangouts and relaxation centers; it is a good one but preparing it at home helps your children benefit immensely from the fish.
Examples of Edible Aquatic Animals
- Tilapia fish
- Cuttle fish and others.
There are more than 23,000 species of living fishes which accounts for slightly half the total of all living vertebrate species.
Benefits of taking Catfishes
- Boiled or baked cat-fish helps in brain development according to Dr. James Becker, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine showed that taking catfish helps to develop a large brain volume in the Cerebellum; the region responsible for memory and cognition.
- Boiled Catfish also improve your vision especially at Old age. Omega 3- fatty acid is abundant in oily catfish which helps to stop tiny blood vessels from bleeding into the back of the eye. The Bleeding causes by damage to the retina can lead to permanent blindness if not prevented.
- Dark skinned or veiled people not exposed much to the sun, the elderly and institution based people are expected to take fish as a source of optimal vitamin D Supplement.
- Taking catfish can reduce all the risk of cancer (provided all other things equal) in post-menopausal women. Therefore it is healthy to consume catfish at least twice in a month; It’s has been identified as a healthy practice.
- Catfish is also a good source of protein that builds new tissues and cells in the body. Have you noticed people taking adequate proteins have natural body build, tall, and experience less sicknesses.
- Taking catfish enhances your body’s ability to carry hemoglobin round the body for adequate oxygen.
- The protein in catfish, like other fishes helps to works as immune agents in collaboration with white blood cells; this combination helps to destroy foreign substances like viruses, bacteria and fungi that enter the body.
Contrary to some health risk mentioned by a research, Catfish is delicious and nutritive; keep your family healthy by adding it to your diet, but moderation is key..