12 REASONS WHY GUAVA FRUIT IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH
Hello beautiful people. How has your week been? Guava
It’s a good time to look at one of the super fruits around. It’s a tropical fruit: a pear-shaped fruit with red or yellow-green skin and cream or pink flesh which can be eaten raw or made into jelly. It’s hailed as a super fruit because of its numerous health benefits. It is rich in different nutrients that are highly beneficial to our health. It contains vitamins B2, E and K, fiber, calcium, copper, folate, iron, manganese, phosphorus and potassium and is one of the least chemically treated and sprayed fruits. I’m talking about the Guava.
Dr. Manoj K. Ahuja, of the Sukhda Hospital says, “This humble fruit is extraordinarily rich in vitamin C, lycopene and antioxidants that are beneficial for skin. Guavas are also rich in manganese which helps the body to absorb other key nutrients from the food that we eat. Guavas contain folate, a mineral which helps promote fertility. The potassium in guavas helps normalise blood pressure levels as well. In fact, a banana and a guava contain almost the same amount of potassium. Since it contains about 80% of water it helps keep your skin hydrated”.
Why must you take Guava?
- IMPROVES HEART HEALTH. Guavas improve the levels of good cholesterol (HDL) and lower the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (LDL). They also improve the sodium and potassium balance of the body, leading to a regulation of blood pressure in humans.
- IMPROVES IMMUNITY. It is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. They contain 4 times the vitamin C content present in oranges. This makes them effective in improving our immunity and protecting the body from infections.
- THYROID HEALTH. Guavas help regulate thyroid metabolism by helping to control hormone production and absorption.
- TREATS DIARRHEA. Guavas contain vitamin-C, Carotenoids and potassium, which help to cure dysentery by inhibiting microbial growth and removing extra mucus from the intestines. It also helps to loose bowels and reduce symptoms of diarrhea.
- WEIGHT LOSS. It also helps in regulating your metabolism, in this way, helping you lose weight. They are very high in roughage and rich in vitamins, proteins and minerals with no cholesterol and a low number of digestible carbohydrates. They also help to promote the proper absorption of nutrients.
- PREVENTS DIABETES. The high levels of fibre content in Guavas ensure that the sugar levels in our body are well regulated. They also help in preventing the development of diabetes because of their low glycemic index.
- HELPS PROPER DIGESTION. Guavas have higher levels of dietary fiber compared to other fruits. This makes it very good for your digestion.
- PREVENTS CANCER. Dr. Manoj K. Ahuja, who has done extensive research on Guavas, says “Lycopene, quercetin, vitamin C and other polyphenols act as potent antioxidants which neutralise free radicals generated in the body, preventing the growth of cancer cells. Guavas have shown to be widely successful in reducing prostate cancer risk and also inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells since it is rich in lycopene”,
- BRAIN AND NERVE FUNCTION. Guavas contain vitamin B3 and vitamin B6, and these help in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating cognitive function and relaxing the nerves.
- SKIN CARE. Guavas improve one’s complexion and help keep lines away from the skin. They are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and antioxidants like carotene and lycopene which help protect the skin from wrinkles. They also contain Vitamin K, which helps rid the skin of dark spots, and skin discolorations.
- MAINTAINS ORAL HEALTH. Guava leaves have a potent anti-inflammatory action and a powerful antibacterial ability which fights infection and kills germs. Thus, consuming guava leaves works as a fantastic home remedy for toothache. The juice of guava leaves has also been known to cure toothaches, swollen gums and oral ulcers.
- IMPROVES EYESIGHT. They are also known as vision boosters because of the presence of Vitamin A. They prevent degradation of eyesight and improve eyesight. They also help slow down the appearance of cataracts.
So go on that guava search, you’ll be glad you did. Till next time.
- Amazing Guava Benefits; Food.ndtv.com
- Health benefits of Guava; Organic facts